Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
This week’s topic is: Books I Love That Were Written Over Ten Years Ago. I’m aware that several of the the books I list in this post are considered problematic or contain really problematic content. Time has changed within the past ten years and so have views and opinions in society. However, they played such an important role in my realding life that I have to list them. Well, without further ado, let’s take a look. The books are not in particular order.
- The Selection by Kiera Cass;
- The Hunger games by Suzanne Collins;
- Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas;
- Talon by Julie Kagawa;
- Harry Potter (series) by J.K. Rowling;
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer;
- The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini;
- A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini;
- The Fault In Our Stars by John Green;
- Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead;
- The entire Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer.
Okay, I’ve cheated and added 11 books. What books that have been written 10 years ago do you like?